24.1.15

MAMA SARO

This picture is a familiar site in the streets of Lagos. Don't get me wrong, it just that it took a while for me to get used to it.
I moved to Lagos and i have come to realise that this was a welcomed norm. I have even noticed that mothers give their children money and empty food flask to purchase food from" mama saro" around the corner for lunch. You see million naira cars and well dressed persons pulling over at this popular stop to join in the chorus "Mama put" or "Auntie put". No wonder eateries and restaurants thrive in this city.
You wouldn't want to see where and how this meals are prepared, but all you know is you just keep going back. I know because i have sometimes gotten my lunch from these stops. They taste good, just like the professionals say, every ingredient come together in a fine combination, mixture and in the end everything is "ON POINT'.

No comments: