30.9.13

HOW CAN I ASK FOR PERMISSION...

One hot afternoon, as we (My baby, her nanny and myself) drove from the hospital home. We listened to the radio as the rich male voice of the radio presenter boomed from my car stereo. I listened halfway as my thoughts drifted from anything to everything. I got jolted to reality when my daughters nanny laughed and said 'in fact'. I asked her in fact what, and she said she was listening to the radio.
I decided to pay attention and realized that the presenter was speaking on how to make your marriage work. He continued by saying how to maintain your man, you should massage his ego. I just smiled. He said men like been asked for permission, he gave an example by saying if you( wife) receives a call from your relative whether mother or sister, saying that they are coming to sleep over for a bit, you should ask you relative to hold on so you can tell your husband.
At this point my daughter's nanny screamed out, she said how will she take permission from the man when her mother is coming to visit her that its not possible ooo, bla, bla bla...
I laughed and told her that marriage is different from dating, I became Mrs advicer (laughing right now), telling her how men like to be in charge, they don't only want you to know it, they want you to act it. When I was done, she said out loud, 'it won't be easy oo'
A known fact, nothing good happens without  work, desire. Not everyone that works at their marriage has the best of it. sometimes they work at it, desire it but because they are not on the same bus to the same place, they get off.
When my nanny said this I realized that the major job in my life is my home and my marriage. I have never given a thought to it before but now that I have done I realize that if I get paid  daily or monthly to be a Mother, a lover, a friend, a homemaker, a wife and a Lover, I will be a pretty rich woman.

No comments: