25.8.13

My "Are you there God" Moments.

I read this popular book "Are you there God it's me Margaret" when I was younger and i loved it. Now as an adult I have come to realise that as a Christian I have my moments when I am so down that I ask God to confirm his presence. Ssshhh, don't be quick to judge me oo, because i am sure we all have this points.
God has a purpose for us on earth, but most times we forget to look for this purpose thereby chasing ours.
In my lifetime, I have had several moments where I have had to question God's existence. It not that I am proud of this moments but it happens to a lot of people(but try not to sin). I will write about one of my Are you there God moments only.
While I was pregnant with my second baby, it wasn't fun, I was trying hard to get through each day and still look beautiful and strong for work. This was yet my biggest problems but I didn't know that something else waited for me. When I started to show (baby bump) and the congratulations rolled out, pressure started to mount. My first baby is a GIRL, so every one that knew this will say "congratulations oo, this one(referring to the unborn baby)should definitely be a boy"I will chorus "Amen ooo". This continued until the seed was sewn and the pressure was mounted. Every where I went. Even a woman took it up herself to taunt me with the sex, she even called me and told me that we should go to see one pastor to pray for the sex of the baby. I became so worried and prayed and cried to God everyday. I even went to my mother-in-law and told her about my worry. She asked me if that was I wanted and I said yes. So she held hands with me and we prayed and agreed.
The busy bodied, lady didn't let me rest, she kept calling and insisting that my husband wanted/ needed a male child, so I decided to talk to my husband tactfully, I asked hi. What sex of baby he wanted, he answered me diplomatically and asked me what the problem was, he laughed and encouraged me told me how their is a purpose for each child irrespective of the sex of the baby. I told him he isn't bothered because he is not the one bearing the burden(crying) he just laughed told me not to worry, that we are in this together.
I continued to pray and cry to God asking for a male child. When I was 7months gone I went for a scan and it was inconclusive, I held onto that and continued to ask God, I was sinking into depression and one day my husband called me and warned me squarely.
I Started waiting for my answer. 2 days before I was delivered of my baby, I went for a scan and the doctor confirmed it was a girl. My face dropped and everyone noticed even my doctor, he looked at my husband who was furious.
When we got into the car he began to scold me, i told him I was worried about what people will say.that day my husband sat me down and talked sense into my head, then I went ahead to buy baby dresses for my baby girl for the first time.
Now she is several months and I can't imagine a life without her. She knows when I am sad, she looks into my eyes and smiles and I am happy again. She noes how to wear everyone out, but we look forward to holding her. She  is a serious minded baby, who knows what she wants, she has a good appetite, but when she doesn't want to eat, she won't eat.
We probably don't know here purpose on earth, but I am glad she is mine. When they are with their father, they are so cute that I cannot stop smiling. I am not saying that miracles are not possible, but when God appears silent to us about things, just know he is working out something better. It might be difficult to wait but at the end, you will love the result.

No comments: