21.11.13

SWEET NAIJA

I took a regular bus to work today. I told myself that I was going to enjoy it all the way and if need be walk the distance. I sat down and had fun looking at everybody and enjoying all they had to say.
Wait ooo, I now understand when people say that everyone has something to say. In the first bus I boarded one elderly woman took it upon herself to conduct the bus and chastise the driver when he didn't give change on time. She had well manicured nails coated red and she even used a bb phone. I loved the fact that she was in charge because the driver couldn't retort.
I boarded my second bus which together to "load" when it was full the conductor shouted in his thick conductor voice" I no go stop for onworoshoki ooo, my first bus stop na Gbagada". when he felt we have digested the information, he then asked us to pay for the fare we where yet to embark on.
It was a quiet ride until he made his first stop at Gbagada. As the passenger for Gbagada came down, police surrounded the bus, asked the driver to get down dragged him and his conductor away. A police man and woman in the bus started begging the officers that surrounded our bus.
While I was looking at them, a police officer got on the bus and started driving. The first thing that came to my mind was "IS THIS ONE CHANCE IN THE MORNING" so I quickly asked him where he was taking us, he said he is taking us to our destination, I was confused and asked him what destination. He replied me and told me that where ever I was supposed to get down I should let him know and he drove off.
I was scared and excited that my bus driver was a police officer, and true to his word, he dropped us off our various bus stops.
I do not know how the story will end because I didn't see the driver nor the conductor again after the police man took over the bus. I am just not sure if the right thing to do was to take over the bus and drive off, if you would like to educate me, please do.

No comments: